- Backplate & wing
- 1st stage & primary 2nd stage regulator
with back up 2nd stage regulator on a necklace
- Depth Gauge/Timing Device (wrist)
- SPG (not in a console)
- Compass (wrist)
- Mask should be low volume; fins should
be rigid, non-split
- Exposure suit appropriate for So Cal diving
Our students are trained using Halcyon backplate/wing
systems - you must be comfortable teaching
students who are wearing backplate/wing configurations.
(beyond the basics):
- Demonstrate good buoyancy and trim
- Demonstrate control and awareness in the water
- Comfortably demonstrate at least two propulsion
- Demonstrate a requested skill while neutrally
screening process involves a check-out dive
at a local beach. There is no charge for this
dive. The purpose is to give you the opportunity
to shine - to show your best dive skills and
show us how you interact with the people under
your control. We ask that you run the dive,
including pre-dive sequence, navigation and
demonstration of required skills, followed
by a debrief.
- We are looking for
instructors who are better than the status
quo - could this be you?
- In return, we offer greater compensation
than your average LA dive shop.