Recreational Level 1
Learn To Scuba Dive Safely With Global Underwater
Explorers. Be among the few entry-level divers who
possess the knowledge & skill for sound diving practices from the very beginning.
The primary purpose of GUE Recreational Diver 1
is to teach non-divers to master the art and science
of sport diving through cultivating essential diving
techniques and sound diving practices from the very
beginning. Being GUE’s entry level program, the
Recreational Level 1 serves the following purposes:
- It teaches non-divers to master the art and
science of sport diving through establishing a
thorough understanding for diving related academics
and cultivating essential skills needed to safely
and efficiently enjoy exploration of the aquatic
- It represents and entry point to GUE’s training
curriculum for non-divers.
- It develops student capacity through beginning
competency build-up with the end in mind by cultivating
student proficiency towards meeting the diving
industry’s most rigorous standards.
- It provides the solid foundation of skills required
to engage in further GUE training.
- It orientates students to the GUE organization
and its efficacy – promoting student involvement
in GUE long- and short-term aspirations, such
as conservation of our planet’s aquatic resources.
The GUE Recreational Diver 1 course comprises 3 training
- Confined water training, initial in-water training
carried out in pool-like conditions
- Open water training, meaning ocean diving in
- Academics designed to support the in-water training
The GUE Recreational Diver 1 class is an 8 – 10
day program (logistics represent a controlling factor).
The class can either be taken as a continuous process
over 8 – 10 days or the class may be divided over
a longer time frame such as 3 – 5 weekends. GUE
Recreational Diver 1 involves a minimum of sixty
(60) hours of instruction, encompassing both classroom
and in-water work.
the course overview in recreational diving terms,
GUE Recreational Diver 1 will possess:
- Open Water
- Advanced Buoyancy Training
- Nitrox Certification
- Basic Rescue Techniques
- Drysuit Training
For questions or how to enroll in the GUE Recreational
1 class, please contact:
Steven Millington / GUE Instructor: 818-749-3483
: steven at gue.com